|Level||Special||Quanta Acquisition||Max Quanta Pool||Max Jikuu Grade||Spheres||Jikuu Known||Max Grade||Schools||Maneuvers Known|
|1||Alacrity, Combat Style||Minor||2||Hadronic||1||2||Basic||1||2|
- "It doesn't matter how fast you are. I will always be faster."
The ability to manipulate time is a powerful thing, and some who come to this realization are not always of the studious sort. Some individuals find that they are naturally faster than their peers, and seek to extract as much as they can from this ability; those who would be called harriers find that their natural affinity for speed leads them to investigate the powers of the Force of time itself.
Combining the powers of Time with the arts martial comes naturally to these individuals, using their ability to move faster and farther than others in concert with a blade to powerful effect. While not as versatile as epochents or as skilled as einhanders or other warriors, the harrier learns to apply his temporal knowledge to combat, gaining access to abilities that stymie most others.
Game Rule Information
Harriers have the following game statistics.
Force Alignment: Time.
Force Resistances: UO 5 + level, CO 5 + level.
Abilities: Dexterity is the most important ability for a harrier. Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma also play a role, but are not as important.
Hit Points at 1st Level: 10 + Con score.
Hit Points at Each Additional Level: 7 + Con modifier.
Healing Surges: 8 + Con modifier.
Defenses: Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +0; Det +2.
Starting Age: Simple.
All of the following are class features of the harrier.
Weapons and Armor Proficiency: Harriers are proficient with all simple weapons, all one-handed martial weapons, and light armor, but not shields.
When wearing armor heavier than light, wielding a shield, or carrying a medium or heavy load, the harrier loses his fast movement, temporal initiative, sudden strike, combat reflexes, and all harrier talent abilities.
Jikuu (Ji): The harrier is trained in the use of jikuu, the name of the abilities of the force of time. The effective level of a jikuu is equal to its JP cost.
A harrier must have an Intelligence score of 10 + jikuu level in order to use a jikuu of a given level.
A harrier gains bonus JP based upon his Wisdom modifier. A harrier gains bonus JP at each level according to the following formula: harrier level x wisdom modifier x 1/2. At each new harrier level, the bonus JP are recalculated based upon the harrier's base JP for that level, then added to his total. This table can be used for ease of reference.
A harrier sets the saving throw DC for his jikuu based on his Charisma. A jikuu's saving throw DC is 10 + jikuu level + the harrier's Charisma modifier.
Harrier: Combat Styles
Combat Style: At first level, the harrier chooses a particular combat style.
- Executioner: Any harrier can select this style. But don't do that right now, we don't know how they work yet.
- Karateka: Any harrier can select this style. A harrier has a number of bonus opportunity attacks each round equal to one-half his harrier level, rounded down.
- Lancer: Any harrier can select this style. A harrier can have a number of maneuvers readied equal to the amount on the class table, above.
- Unfettered: Any harrier can select this style. But don't do that right now, we don't know how they work yet.
- Warlord: Any harrier can select this style. A harrier can have a number of maneuvers readied equal to the amount on the class table, above.
Temporal Initiative (Te): A harrier's timeline is inherently slightly faster than those of most beings, and his training in time accentuates this fact. So long as he as at least 1 JP remaining, the harrier gains an insight bonus to all initiative checks equal to his harrier level, to a maximum of his current JP.
Quick Draw (Ex): A harrier gains the Quick Draw feat at first level.
Sudden Strike (Ex): If a harrier can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from his attack, he can strike a vital spot for extra damage. Starting at 2nd level, whenever a harrier’s target is denied it's Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), he deals +1d6 extra damage with his attack. This bonus increases to +2d6 at 5th level, +3d6 at 8th level, +4d6 at 11th level, and so on. Harriers cannot use sudden strike when flanking an opponent unless that opponent is denied it's Dexterity bonus to AC.
Combat Reflexes (Ex): A harrier gains the Combat Reflexes feat at third level, even if he does not meet the prerequisites.
Quicksheath (Ex): A harrier gains the Quicksheath feat at third level, even if he does not meet the prerequisites.
Uncanny Dodge (Ex): At 4th level, the harrier's reflexes allow him to react to danger before his senses would normally allow him to do so. He retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible stalker. However, he still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.
If a harrier already has uncanny dodge from a different class (a harrier with at least four levels of rogue, for instance), he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge (see below) instead.
Fast Movement (Te): At 3rd level, a harrier gains an insight bonus to his speed. A harrier in armor heavier than light or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed.
Temporal Dodge (Ji): At 6th level, the harrier gains the temporal dodge jikuu as a 2nd-level jikuu.
Split Timeline (Te): At 7th level, the harrier gains the ability to split his current timeline into two, allowing him to act as two independent entities.
As a swift action, he can activate this ability at the cost of 4 JP. When he does, an exact copy of himself comes into being, occupying the same square (though the copies cannot occupy the same square after this ability is activated, as they are independent creatures). Both copies of himself have a full allotment of actions, and act independently; effects that affect one copy do not affect the other. However, both copies call upon the same pool of JP.
On the first copy's action in any given round, he may opt to expend another 4 JP to maintain this ability for that round. If he does not, one of the copies of the harrier ceases to exist; you may choose which.
Harrier Talent: At 10th level, and every two levels thereafter, the harrier learns a new ability. He may select one of the following special features; unless otherwise specified, each ability can be selected only once.
- Evasion (Ex): The harrier has learned how to dodge out of the way of destructive force. If he makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. An extraordinary ability, Evasion can be used only if the harrier is in no more than light armor, carrying no more than a light load, and not rendered helpless.
- Flurry (Ex): The harrier can attack faster, gaining an additional attack, at the cost of accuracy. If he makes a full attack action, he can choose to gain another attack at his highest attack bonus, but all his attacks suffer a -2 penalty.
- Improved Flurry: When the harrier uses his flurry ability, the penalty to his attacks is reduced by 1. You can take this ability twice.
- Improved Split Timeline (Te): When the harrier uses his split timeline ability, he may pay double the JP cost of its activation and maintenance. If he does, he instead splits into three copies of himself. You can take this ability multiple times; each time you do, you can double the cost again to get an additional copy (so 16 JP for four copies, 32 JP for five copies, and so on).
- Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): The harrier's reflexes have improved to such a point that he can no longer be flanked; he can react to opponents on opposite sides of him as easily as he can react to a single attacker. This defense denies a rogue the ability to sneak attack the harrier by flanking him, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target does.
- Quick Strike (Ji): The harrier may make a single attack as a move action, at a cost of 2 JP. If he does so, he cannot make another attack action in that turn.
- Speed of Mind (Te): The harrier adds his Intelligence bonus to the insight bonus to initiative granted by his temporal initiative ability.
- Swiftness (Te): The harrier's bonus movement speed increases by 10 feet. You can take this ability multiple times.
- Feat: A harrier can gain a bonus feat in place of a special ability.
1st-Level Harrier Jikuu
|Accelerate: Target adds +30 ft. to its move.|
|Alacrity: One creature is hasted for one round.|
|Chronosense: Sense time passing.|
|Decelerate: Target's speed is halved.|
|Escape: You or touched creature teleports a short distance.|
|Pause: Target's init reduced by 4.|
|Surprise: Flatfooted creatures get -10 to init.|
2nd-Level Harrier Jikuu
|Disorient: Creature rerolls its init, flatfooted until next action.|
|Hustle: As swift, gain a move action now.|
|Precognition, Offensive: Gain a bonus to attack rolls.|
|Refresh: Target regains immediate or swift action, AoOs.|
|Speed: Target gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Dex.|
|Temporal Weapon: Align a weapon to time.|
3rd-Level Harrier Jikuu
|Bullet Time: Perceive time passing slower.|
|False Gravity: Travel on solid surface as though it had its own gravity.|
|Haste: One target/level is hasted.|
|Lag: Target's init reduced by 3 each round for one round/level.|
|Steal Time: As swift, touched creature loses a partial action on next turn and you gain a partial action this turn.|
4th-Level Harrier Jikuu
|Compress Time: Target's init increases by 2 each round for 1 rd/level.|
|Dimension Door: Teleports you a short distance.|
|Immobilize: Target cannot move from its square.|
|Temporal Acceleration: One round to act freely.|
|Temporal Shove: Reduce target's init by 1d6/2 levels.|
5th-Level Harrier Jikuu
|Freedom of Movement: You cannot be held or immobilized.|
|Quicken: Target goes now.|
|Second Chance: As immediate, gain a reroll.|
|Speed, Mass: 1 creature/level gets +4 to Dex.|
The following is the harrier maneuver list.
Regardless of the harrier's chosen combat style, the harrier adds these maneuvers to his maneuver list.
In addition to being martial maneuvers, and subject to the rules that apply to those abilities, these abilities are also considered Time-aligned. As such, they allow for TO, and cannot be used in a synchronized area or area in which temporal effects cannot function.
1st-Level Harrier Maneuvers
|Clockwatcher||Reaction||Counter||Act in a surprise round even if you normally wouldn't be able to.|
|Distorted Clock||Swift||Stance||Beneficial effects are extended, ailments have their durations halved.|
|Strike the Clock||Standard||Strike||Target loses their next move action.|
2nd-Level Harrier Maneuvers
|Chronal Aggression||Standard||Strike||Attack deals +2d6 damage, sickens target.|
|Minute Hand||Swift||Boost||Next attack deals +1d6 damage, suffers -2 on attack roll.|
|Stopwatch||Reaction||Counter||Autohypnosis Check - Make a 5-foot step in reaction to being attacked.|
3rd-Level Harrier Maneuvers
|Flicking Defense||Reaction||Counter||Attacker must reroll attack roll twice, use lower result.|
|Hourglass Stance||Swift||Stance||Gain +4 dodge bonus to AC, immunity to slow.|
|Temporal Fury||Standard||Strike||Attack deals +2d6 damage, slows target.|
|Time Skitter||Swift||Boost||Gain haste.|
4th-Level Harrier Maneuvers
|Chronal Draw||Standard||Strike||Attack deals +4d6 damage, target loses its move action and you gain a move action.|
|Gift of Time||Swift||Boost||Donate one of your actions to a touched ally.|
|Probability Twist||Reaction||Counter||Reroll a d20 or damage roll, must use second result.|
|Tip the Hourglass||Standard||Strike||Attack deals +5d6 damage, can slow target.|
5th-Level Harrier Maneuvers
|Hour Hand||Swift||Boost||Make an additional attack at -4 penalty, deals +6d6 damage.|
|Relativity Burst||Reaction||Counter||Gain a move action.|
|Sand of Time Tornado||Standard||Strike||Attack deals +5d6 damage, nauseates target.|
|Time-Thief's Talons||Standard||Strike||Attack deals +2d6 damage, restore health equal to half damage dealt.|
6th-Level Harrier Maneuvers
|Sand-Bearer's Swiftness||Swift||Stance||Gain blur and haste, immunity to slow.|
|Shatter the Hourglass||Standard||Strike||Attack causes stop.|
|Temporal Distortion||Reaction||Counter||Gain a readied standard action.|