D20 Mechanic: XP Values
Because I'm abandoning anything resembling core d20 experience point progressions, I have also redesigned experience point awards for success.
The concept of CR is gone; creatures - and other hazards - simply have levels, and are considered appropriate threats at that level.
When experience is awarded, all characters that are to be awarded XP are awarded the amount on the table for each hazard. Thus, if a party of eight people kills four level 2 goblins, everyone gets 5 experience points per goblin.
- Grant only half XP (rounded down).
- Grant double XP.
- Grant five times XP.
Just going to stick this here real quick.
- Base critters are base. In general, a mob will take one or two "standard" hits to bring down - maybe three if you are dealing much lower damage than expected.
- Minions are a base critter, but with "no hit points," so if they take damage, they're out. No change to defenses.
- Elites have double the potency in HP, and have a +2 to defenses across the board. This results in attacks against avg Def having 40% chance to hit. Your math was wrong, idiot, 10% is 2 points on a d20, not 1.
- Solos have triple the potency in HP, and have a +4 to defenses across the board. This results in attacks against avg Def having 30% chance to hit.