Within the deep forests of eastern Chaliraz dwell the lunari. With the little sunlight the forest floor receives, the lunari adapted to their environs, gradually losing sight in light and gaining the ability to see incredibly well at night.
A secretive, nocturnal people, the lunari are uncommon in lands beyond their own. When they do venture forth from their forested home, they gravitate towards large populations, where there is a need for those who wake and sleep by the moons rather than the sun; they also tend towards races who do not sleep, such as elves.
Personality: Outside of their homeland, lunari tend to be loners, keeping to themselves unless they happen across a society in which their unusual sleep cycle can be put to use. Lunari who are forced by society to maintain a diurnal schedule tend to be irritable and annoyed, their sleep schedules often erratic as they sometimes succumb to their natural urges to sleep through the daylight hours. In their element - be it their homeland or at night - lunari tend to be more amiable, though mildly distrustful of other races that would normally be asleep: such people tend to be up to something, and lunari who travel abroad recognize this fact.
Physical Description: Lunari greatly resemble clavats, though slightly smaller. They are also possessed of a prehensile, furred tail; their eyes are also like those of a cat, rather than that of a normal humanoid.
Relations: As few races in their homeland are active when they are, lunari have little to do with other races. They get along well enough with other races, though their tendency to be distrustful of others often puts distance between them and others.
Alignment: As a whole, lunari have no particular leaning for one alignment or another.
Lunari Lands: The vast majority of lunari call the forests of eastern Chaliraz home; while lunari exist elsewhere, the majority of their population does not stray from Chaliraz. They can also sometimes be found in the extreme north and south, though only when those regions are experiencing their lightless months - they tend to migrate towards the equator when the sun begins to fill the sky on a constant basis.
Language: With exposure to the halfling and gnome cultures, the majority of lunari speak Lynaen, though often with an unusual accent - the lunari did speak their own language, for a time, but it was lost when it was determined that they must at least speak the languages of others, even if they do not share their sleep patterns.
Names: (this section will be added later)
Male Names: Kuja, Zidane.
Female Names: Eiko, Garnet.
Adventurers: Lunari who do not dwell in their homeland are often called to adventure, as it is an occupation which has no set hours. Their people are also well-versed in the arts of the ninja, having founded that particular craft, and their skills are sometimes desired by others.
Lunari Racial Traits
- -2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Per. Lunari are not a strong people, but they are nimble; they are not hardy, but living in the dark has made their senses acute.
- Small. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
- Lunari have a base move rate of 20 feet.
- Lunari have a climb speed of 20 feet.
- Lunari have darkvision with a base of 80 feet.
- Lunari have low-light vision with a base multiplier of x3.
- Light Blindness (Ex): Lunari are dazzled in dim sunlight, and are blinded in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell or similar effect.
- +4 on Balance checks. A lunari's tail aids him greatly in balancing on ledges and branches.
- +2 on Jump checks. Lunari are built for living among the trees, and they are quite capable of leaping between branches or even separate trees.
- Great Leap (Ex): Lunari ignore their height for purposes of the Jump skill.
- Martial Training: Martial arts are a way of life for the lunari - even those who are not practitioners of a given martial art are at least somewhat versed in hand-to-hand combat. All lunari treat the Technique skill as a cross-class skill (unless they have taken a class or feat that makes it a class skill).
- Automatic Languages: One Common language, one Trade language, Lynaen. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Choose one - karateka, ninja.